Saturday 14 June 2008

5, 6, 7, 8.....shuffle tap, arabesque, skip leap, and smile

June 12th, Dance recital for Jewel Isobel Killpack. (mom's makeup job bombed)
Pictured here with a stage mom who redid her makeup! Doing a contraction in her modern dance piece..her favorite number.
Ballet dance, music is Serenade (my FAVORTITE Ballanchine dance.)
Tap dance piece. They look like Charlie Chaplin! Backstage after the show with her dance friends and flowers!

Grandma Mable, cousin Chiniqua, Mr.Jan, classmate Andrew, Patricia, Daniel and Dakota all attended Jewel's 1st dance recital. She took lessons last year, but as the recital was held on a Sunday...Jewel could not participate. (Sabbath day)

So much fun watching all those little kids moving and watching all the proud parents beaming. Jewel had a great time and this was a great experience for her.

gratitude thought: grateful for a teacher that moved the performance date to a Thursday so Jewel could participate.

grateful for Daniel who gets up early everyday, travels into the city and earns money so Jewel can have lessons.

grateful for a family and friends that support Jewel in her efforts.

grateful, that I have NOT become a stage mom and pushed too hard. I left backstage right away so she could have her time alone. (what she didn't know, was that I was standing outside peeking in, biting my nails and nervously)

My mom Mable used to talk about her nervousness when she watched me dance, now I know what she means!!1

No comments: