Tuesday 8 July 2008

While the boys are away...the girls will play

With Daniel in California for two weeks and Dakota attending Scout camp and then EFY...Patricia and Jewel are having the time of their lives playing!

Patricia is catching up on some very needed sleep and Jewel loves playing make believe games. Her current favorite is where she is a cat that does tricks ('Frisky' is her name) and auditions for Broadway shows. Patricia is the producer and holds the auditions which include an imaginary acrobat, fire breather, juggler and lion tamer. Although Patricia is slower when getting up from the floor or needs to sit down after dancing....it is still wonderful to enter the world of a little girl and to pretend!

gratitude: Lazy, hazy days of summer.

I have been listening to the group 'America' for the past few days. They had a hit called 'Ventura Highway' when I was Jewel's age or sometime in the late sixties. I would listen to the song looking at the summer sky, wishing I could stop time for a moment. This is how I feel spending time with my family.

No comments: