Thursday 20 March 2008

Good grief Charlie Brown!! you blockhead...

This happened Sunday morning driving to ward council in Stafford. What makes this so bad, is that Patricia has no recollection of driving through the toll booth. This costly mistake could have been avoided if she had not been driving so fast and paid the minimal .35 cents. Instead, she will pay $25 hard earned bucks.











The rest of the week has gone smoothly. It has been nice having Daniel around. He doesn't leave town again until May, but he will travel twice in the month. He WILL be here for Dakota's graduation ceremony on May 22nd.

Why oh why do high school or college rings cost so much??? Dakota wants a ring from MCC and ordered the simple, no frills ring...still a whopping $229 dollars plus tax. This was without 10 or 14 karat gold, a stone, or any diamonds. While on line at the graduation fair, we overheard a ring going for around $600...good grief!

My highschool ring from good old 'Hunter High" was $50 in 1977. It is sitting where it has been for the past 30 years, on my dresser. My ring is size 5, Dakota's is 10 1/4.

gratitude thought: For Daniel and in the past year Dakota, who bless our home with music. Dakota loves to play piano at home, and plays often. If he sees me dancing to his music, he stops. So I have learned to dance in the kitchen, very quietly or until I bump into the fridge doing a pirouette that didn't have a smooth finish. (ha-ha)

I got WAY involved with his Bethoven piece last week and my poor knee took a bump on the dishwasher....no broken dishes though!

grateful for Jewel's spring break and my chance to clean my poor house. I love to cook, why don't I enjoy house cleaning. Maybe hypnosis!

trivia: Dakota's graduation day, will take place on what would have been my dad's 80th b'day. He passed away in December, 2004. I know he will be smiling down at Dakota. Peter Dingle Jr. May 22nd 1928 - December 11th 2004, was a chemist for Revlon. Now I know why Dakota loves chemistry so much.

Patricia Nadine Dingle (7 yrs.) with dad Peter Dingle Jr. (38)

Sunday afternoon, after service at New Jerusalem Baptist Church. Harlem, New York 1966.

* Note how we were dressed in those days, even to go to the park. My dad's suit is the popular color of the 60's, baby blue.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

What Beethoven piece is he playing?
Patricia, you have made me want to get my old pictures out of my mother's shoebox and scanned into this computer. I was just telling Pablo that I don't know exactly why, but I LOVE looking at these pictures of your babies and your stylish father!

Patricia said...

I looked in his music book and found the Beethoven piece, 'Drei Sonaten' Opus 2 #1. It's one of them and I think he plays a couple of Beethoven pieces.It had tons of pages with a bunch of black notes all over it. It seems like a long piece and there are three movements I think (I don't know music at all)Great fun to twirl too.

Bring out your mom's shoebox. It's way fun posting older shots. I can't beleive how fast the time goes...

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.