Friday 4 January 2008

End of a short week! RUTGERS APPLICATION DONE!

One of the things I enjoy the most about the Holidays is that time seems to stand still..we get to stay home and enjoy our loved ones without all the interuptions of stuff getting in the way.

After being back in the swing of things after New Year's Day, I am surprised that the rest and relaxation of the past week is gone in just three brief days. I did so enjoy the time..

Dakota finished his essay for Rutgers and the application has been sent. YES! I hope there are no calls for additonal info. His essay was great. Now the next hurdle, if accepted, is finding pockets of money to help us fund his education.

Jewel seems settled back into school. Ms Johanna her teacher, has been ill and absent. Jewel resumed her Friday afternoon rollerskating with Andrew and Mr. Jan.

Dan finished his week at KPMG and will travel to Texas in two weeks. Things are off to a nice start for him. I took Jewel to school, helped Dakota with the online application to RU, went to Q-Research for a study (extra money), had my hair done. My hair (like most African American hair) is extremely fragile and dry. I go twice a month to a shop that does black hair pretty well.

I put a casserole in the oven, cleaned the house, went to pick up Daniel from the train station and then drove to pick Jewel up from her friend Andrew's house.

The basement is clean, and I bought this RID X stuff to put in the toilets to help prevent clogs. I sure hope that helps.

Gratitude thought: grateful for Saturday and the chance to sleep an extra hour, grateful for New Year's resolutions which I need to get busy on. One goal is to be at my pre pregnancy weight (age 34) before my 50th birthday in 13 months. I am really tired of being heavy and it makes my feet hurt and slows me down!

No comments: