Wednesday 2 January 2008

January 2nd..back to the old grind!

The holidays are now over =(


Busy, busy day. Daniel went back to work after our long Holiday break. He was so excited to begin this new year at KPMG.

No school yet for Jewel and Dakota. I had to pay half of Dakota's tuition of almost $700. Paying tuition right after Christmas really hurts. In addition I had to pick up a letter of recommenation from his Organic professor Dr. Conley. He wrote a great letter that will hopefully help us get Dakota into Rutgers.

I picked up our Volvo after having the brakes done and went to the DMV to have our inspection done. Yeah, we passed.

I did my regular Clinical Research job, to earn a few dollars in Piscataway.

Jewel passed on ballet today, I think she is really blue that the Holidays are over and is kind of weepy eyed. She is excited to start school tomorrow.

Dakota had YM...he had to cook a Missionary meal in only $4.oo to feed four. He picked spanish rice and beans with sausage.. only $4.oo bucks at Shoprite. Not bad!

We'll see how it went. Now I am off to blowdry Jewel's hair for half an hour and then will begin the task of the online application for Rutgers. Tomorrow, Dakota and I will walk in the other documents to Nancy Pullen who is an Assistant Director in the department of Admissions.

Gratitude thought: so grateful for a little house that is easy to heat and keeps the heat. It is freezing today and temps will continue to drop. Today was 30 degrees with wind chill of 20.

No comments: