Wednesday 9 January 2008

Enjoying balmy days in January

The weather in NJ has been gorgeous for this time of year. Monday and Tuesday we had temperatures in the 60's and lots of sunshine.

Dakota has been able to train and run outdoors instead of on the treadmill and spring like weather always puts me in a better mood.

Daniel has received some assignments at work and his training is almost complete. Now he feels like he is really working and so far he is enjoying himself. I hope the constant change and different assignments will keep him engaged and his mind occupied.

Dakota is still home between semesters and spends his time playing around on the computer, running, playing piano, filling his mom's head with ALL kinds of trivia, and YM activities. Seminary has started for him. I feel bad he will need to miss a few days of Seminary next week as he really loves going. Daniel will be out of town, and 5:00 am is too early for Jewel as she has some evening activites that push her bedtime to 9:30. Her immune system is delicate and the early hours will result in her getting sick.

Jewel has her church Activity Days program which she loves. Also she will begin ballet again. She loves to dance around the house...maybe I should rent some old Perry Mason episodes and she can emulate an attorney =)

I don't have any small jobs this week and no driving Dakota to school. So it has been great being able to stay at home for more than one hour at a time. My car trip average is only around 5 a day right now. Pure heaven. Things will pick up a bit next week and then driving will be in full swing again.

Church activities: Family Home Evening, we did our annual personal scrap book page for the New Year. Each year we put a photo of ourselves and write something about our past year. A tradition started in 1996 and we love it.

Stake YW meeting and also ward leadership training meetings for Patrica from 11:00-2:30 on Tuesday. A Thursday evening Stake Presidency meeting is coming up for Daniel.

Tonight both Dakota and Jewel have their activities.

I'm slow getting my Holiday cards out this year and a package to Doris and Ken. It feels wierd being this behind...I guess I am still recovering from the intense application proecess to Rutgers. It is getting harder to recover from frying my brain and enegry and motivation are also slower to rebuild.

gratitude thought: grateful that a week has gone by without the basement flooding, the car is behaving and doesn't need repairs, food in the fridge and we are all healthy.

grateful for our callings in the Stake and the chance to learn from some fantatic and amazing people.

grateful for the most wonderful mother and mother in law, who have no idea how much they help me keep going when I'm completely overwhelmed. Their examples of surviving well are such an inspiration. If I do half of what they can, I will be satisfied.

very grateful for all the Christmas art work that surrounds our house..all done by Uncle Greg.

3 comments:

Fit-n-healthy missionary mom said...

Hi, Patricia! Just heard about your blog...cool! An easy way to keep in touch.
I guess Daniel has a new job at KPMG? That is great. What is he doing for them?
I'm sorry to hear about the basement floods--yuck. That's can't be very pleasant.

I noticed you have friends with the last name of Glad. Are they from Utah, by chance? I know a Mary and Neal Glad--they are in Morroco right now. The family in the photo you shared resembles the Neal Glad that I know.
Anyway, I hope you are well! Give Dan my love.
Andrea

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia said...

Hey Andrea, forgive me for not emailing back as I JUST saw that a comment was posted. I am still learning how to use this blog site.

How are you doing? I think about you and your family often and am happy that things are going well for you!

Yes, the Glad family knows the Killpacks and that is the same family that you know. Suzy Glad (mom) knows the Killpacks and knows Bruce..the same age I think.

Yes, Daniel has a job with KPMG. Much better than his other job and he does have some travel. He is a consultant in the tax department and his very happy to be part of their team. I sure hope this means I can stay in one place for at least five years. I think I don't have enough energy left to move anytime soon. Life is funny though, because this very thing may happen just because I don't want to move. (ha-ha)This position is why why Daniel went back to get his MBA so I am happy that he is staying challenged and isn't bored.

I feel so bad that I didn't get Christmas photos out. I should send out a Valentine's Day note. Between the Rutger's application process and my new calling, Christmas cards fell by the wayside. I should use you as a role model as you are always so efficient in getting yours out on time. you are amazing Andrea.

please tell Trey and your beautiful kids I said hello!

Love, Patricia