Friday 11 January 2008

Weatherman what happened???

How in the world could we have been so wrong??

There was a 90% chance of thunderstorms and heavy, heavy rain today. I had planned on keeping Jewel home from school and riding into the city with Daniel Friday morning. He was to go to work, we were to hang out at Kevin's house and at 8:00 pm, attend the State Theatre to see New York City Ballet perform Balanchine's famous ballet 'JEWELS'. Diane managed to get us four orchestra seats for free.

Daniel decided not to drive in to avoid the bad weather, so we stayed home and Jewel attended school. I need to learn how to drive into Midtown so we can attend future events. Another New Year's resolution for me.

So Dakota and I are home, learning about tons of trivia, doing some family history and watching the sunshine from our windows. :-( Jewel will do her regular Friday afternoon rollerskating. She is so good on skates and everything physical. She would be a dynamite little ice skater.

gratitude thought: Sitting in on one of Dakota's psychology classes, his professor said that unlike other animals, humans were capable of understanding the concept of HOPE. Animals existed only in the moment without thought of the future. I am grateful that I can hope and that I am not a bear.


Trivia: Sir Edmund Hillary died, he was the first man known to climb Everest, and had the famous 'Hillary's chimney' named after him. Dakota and I did a ton of research on Everest and Hillary during Dakota's homeschooling days when he was 5 years old. I remembered watching the IMAX movie at least five times with Dakota. Four times at the Fernbank Science Center in Atlanta and once in the Tennessee Aquarium Museum in Chatanooga. I finally bought the Everest movie but he had already moved on to his new obsession of TITANTIC.

Jewel loved Titanic studies too, but had a hard time with the sadness of so many deaths.

gratitutde thought #2: I am sooooo grateful that Dakota gets to learn in college..I am still recovering from the years of doing the Everest and Titantic studies with him. I think the obsession lasted two to three years.

Well I guess i will go shopping for dinner now that the sun is shining full blast. Turning out to be a beautiful Friday night!

Menu: Fish tacos




No comments: