Saturday 5 January 2008

Youth Basketball begins! bounce, bounce bounce...dribble, dribble, score.


Today was the first day of the youth basketball season at church. GO EB. Both the YM and YW of East Brunswick lost today, but that's allright as the season is young. I am so happy Dakota wants to play even if he doesn't like the sport too well.

Daniel took Dakota and Jewel while I stayed home and did laundry, cleaned house, went shopping and tried to watch some of Alfred Hitchcock's gem 'The Birds' I sure hope I don't dream about pigeons. I haven't seen the movie in awhile and it was strange to watch it in color on a DVD. Hitchcock is known for his amazing shots in black and white. 'The Birds' was written by an author that I like very much. Daphene Du Maurier also wrote 'Rebecca' and Hitchcock directed this as well.

Daniel took out our basement toilet so hopefully we won't have anymore flooding. It was a big job ripping all that wood out, but I am glad he did this.

Dakota, Jewel and Daniel spent some time in our local Highland Park library. I spent the afternoon cooking for our Stake YW activity this afternoon. We have begun getting ready for camp 2008 and had leadership training.

My dear Mable, left for South Carolina after spending a month with us. It seems like there is never enough time with her. She makes a sunny day out of anything and has the best laugh in the world. She is one fantastic Bid Whist player. There are many who will be thrilled to have her back at home. We will miss her.

No comments: